|The Straw Hat's resident blood bank|
Name: Roronoa Zoro, also called Marimo (by Sanji), epithet "Pirate Hunter"
Origin: One Piece
Classification: Human, Swordsman of the Straw Hat Pirates, Supernova, Former Bounty Hunter
Age: 19 pre timeskip, 21 after the timeskip
Powers and Abilities: Super strength, speed, durability, agility, endurance, stamina, dexterity, adept Haki user (Busoshoku, Haoshoku, and Kenbunshoku), battle - precognition (via Kenbunshoku Haki), can surround his body with an invisible armor to augment his defensive and offensive capabilities (he can also imbue physical objects, such as his swords with Busōshoku Haki), can harm and affect characters with elemental mimicry, can dominate the will of others (Haoshoku Haki allows him to knock those with inadequate wills unconscious), exceptional willpower (doesn't hesitate to slice off his own limbs in situations where there is no other choice), superb swordsmanship (specializes in Santōryū ("Three Sword Style", where he wields one katana in each hand and one in his mouth), but is also highly accomplished with Nitōryū ("Two Sword Style") and Ittōryū ("One Sword Style"), and can also use some sword techniques without his swords), can generate wind blades with sword slashes (can also create tornados of wind blades), able to enhance his strength temporarily by increasing his muscle mass, able to withstand high water pressure (definitely over 1000m deep in water, quite possibly nearer to 7000m given both Sanji and Luffy could), can create mild unharmful illusions, some resistance to cold temperatures, able to move underwater at speeds superior to that of Hody Jones, can generate and manipulate fire via Fire Fox style, acute sense of smell
Weaknesses: Has a poor sense of direction, currently doesn't have complete mastery of Enma yet, and has drawbacks that can affect his Haki such as only being able to use the King of Hell style for a limited amount of time
Destructive Capacity: At least multi-city block level+ (was casually this strong even before Arlong Park) | Small city level+ (shouldn't be far off from Luffy in the strength department) | City level+ (cut an enormous piece of a beanstalk) | City level+ (parted a huge tidal wave with Luffy, (overpowered Kaku's Amanedachi with Asura and deflected a punch from Oars with his raw strength, Oars also admitted that a 108 Pound Cannon likely would have harmed him, can also cut Pacifista) | Continent level+ (cut Pica's full stone golem clean in half with Santoryu Ogi: Ichidai Sanzen Daisen Sekai then promptly defeated him, also comparable to Whole Cake Island arc Luffy and Sanji who matched Big Mom's Prometheus) | Multi-continent level+ (capable of cutting Dragon Kaido's Boro Breath and Big Mom's Prometheus respectively, cut Dragon Kaido's scales and managed to permanently scar Kaido with Asura in a similar fashion to Oden [Kaido admits the wound will remain with him], Big Mom warns Kaido to look out when Zoro was prepping an attack, the presence his Haki beared was then compared to Oden by Kaido, Zoro later becomes stronger during his fight with King where he unlocked advanced Conqueror's Haki and improved his usage of Enma combining the two to create his King of Hell style)
Range: Extended melee range with swords, a dozen meters to at least a kilometer with ranged slashes
Speed: Supersonic (can keep up with Luffy and Arlong) | Hypersonic+ (comparable to Luffy) | Sub-relativisitc+ (should be capable of dodging Foxy's Noro Noro Beams) | Sub-relativistic+ (can dodge Kuma's Air Cannons and Pacifista lasers) | Relativistic (comparable to Law who can match the velocity of Fujitora's meteors) with light-speed reactions, pre-cog compliments his reactions | Relativistic with light-speed reactions (can dodge attacks from Big Mom and Kaido), pre-cog further compliments his reactions
Durability: At least multi-city block level+ (more durable than Buggy) | Small city level+ (withstood several attacks from Daz Bones) | City level+ (could take some attacks from Enel) | City level+ (took a direct attack from Oars while in an injured condition and was back up fighting not long afterward, this is also not including the other attacks Zoro took from Oars) | Continent level+ (withstood being plummeted into the ground by Fujitora's gravity) | Multi-continent level+ (could temporarily hold back a combo attack from Big Mom and Kaido and was able to continue fighting which was something that Law remarks should have been impossible, also ate a thunderbolt from Big Mom and was back on his feet before Luffy was done attacking Kaido)
Lifting Strength: Class K | Class M+ (able to toss a building whilst heavily injured) | Class G+ | At least Class G+ | At least Class G+ | Class T (comparable or even superior to Burgess who can lift ''mountains'')
Striking Strength: Class GJ+ (more or less equal to Luffy) | Class PJ (stronger than Daz Bones who can hack buildings to pieces) | Class PJ+ | Class PJ+ (matched Kaku blow for blow) | Class YJ+ (pushed Fujitora back with a Pound Cannon which then was complimented on its strength) | Class NJ (can match King and deflect wind blades from Dragon Kaido)
Stamina: Vastly superhuman+ (was able to withstand Kuma's Ursus Shock and get up only moments after, in conjunction with this and other beatings he took in the length of the battle against Oars, he also shouldered the strain and fatigue the shadows and Gears had put on Luffy's body (who had fallen asleep by then, as is his custom once he defeats the main villain of the arc) and still managed to remain standing afterward and survive long enough for Chopper to see to his wounds, could still fight after enduring a Yonkou combo attack that Law mentioned could have broken every bone in his body)
Standard Equipment: His three katanas; Enma, Sandai Kitetsu, and Wado Ichimonji, a bandana
Intelligence: Combat genius (developed the sword styles he utilizes (including Santoryu, which is a style unique to him) by himself and grows at a very fast rate, at times even improves notably in the middle of battle), perceptive and adept fighter (quick to grasp the rhythm of battle and applying himself accordingly to gain benefit by the developments) and a man of canny tactical ability (has on more than one occasion pulled through with a victory with smart thinking), average otherwise, but can be mildly perceptive
- Haki: There are normally two types of Haki regular people can tap into: the Kenbunshoku Haki which allows individuals to sense the presence of others, and Busōshoku Haki which allows individuals to create an invisible armor around them. There is however a third type of Haki, Haōshoku Haki, that only a few individuals can use. Zoro is one of these people.
- Haōshoku Haki (Color of the Conquering King): The ability to knock out someone else or a large group. While inexperienced users are restricted to intimidating one being or blindly knocking out any with weak wills around them, those with more expertise can pick out weak-willed individuals in a large group to knock out.
- Busōshoku Haki (Color of Armaments): A form of Haki that allows the user to create an "invisible armor" around themselves. With that, they can protect themselves from attacks, and if trained well, use it to deliver stronger attacks. Besides the increase of strength, it is the only form of attack that doesn't involve Kairouseki that can hit any Devil Fruit user, being able to hit the user's original body even if it's a Logia user. It can also be used in weapons.
- Busoshoku: Koka (Color of Armaments: Hardening): Zoro uses Busōshoku Haki to drastically harden parts of his body (typically his swords and or his fists, but can also be used defensively). Basically, whereas basic Busoshoku Haki surrounds the user's body with a hard armor, Koka hardens the body itself, giving a larger increase in attack power and toughness.
- Kenbunshoku Haki (Color of Observation or Mantra): A form of Haki that allows the user to sense the presence of his opponents. A user of this type of Haki can predict an opponent's moves before he gets hit. This works by showing the user an image or brief "premonition" of what the opponent will do, manifested as a mental image in the user's mind's eye, and the damage the user will take if the attack "hit" for real. It appears that the more killer intent the enemy has the easier they are to predict, though more efficient users can predict future moves regardless of whether there are ambient murderous intents or not. Including the distance, location, and where the opponent may strike next.
- Santōryū (Three Swords Style): Zoro's trademark; his primary sword style, created by himself. It is a style of sword fighting that deals with the wielding of three katanas; one in each hand and one in the mouth. There are many different techniques for this sword style, including Iaido, simultaneous slashing techniques with all three of his swords, compressed air projectiles etc.
- Oni Giri (Demon Slash): A three-way simultaneous slashing attack. Zoro crosses his two swords across his chest and places the blade in his mouth horizontally behind them. Zoro then approaches the target (usually at high speed) and cuts through by swinging the swords across his chest, resulting in a descending diagonal-crossing slash from both swords while the mouth blade performs a horizontal cut from either the left or right, depending on which side of his mouth he positioned the sword's main blade at.
- Enbima Yonezu Oni Giri (Charm Demon Sleepless Night Demon Slash): A stronger variation of "Oni Giri" where the swords are twisted during the slash for added force, resulting in this attack striking multiple opponents instead of one
- Rengoku Oni Giri (Purgatory Demon Slash): A much stronger version of "Oni Giri", where Zoro stands still facing away from his opponent, waiting for him to come while posing in the stance of "Oni Giri" to then turn around and leap to the attacking opponent. This may be a way to make his already lightning-fast triple-slash even more sudden.
- Tora Gari (Tiger Hunt): Zoro puts his hand swords over his mouth blade and swings forth a forward descending slash with them. At close range, this can incapacitate at least two average foes at once.
- Ul-Tora Gari (Extreme Tiger Hunt): A much stronger version of "Tora Gari", where Zoro does the same, he puts his hand swords over his mouth blade and swings them forth a forward descending slash with them.
- Toro Nagashi (Sword Wolf Floating): At a close range, Zoro leans toward the opponent, using two of his swords to block the opponent's attacks while twisting his body around as he is continuously moving to approach and dodge other attacks (if there are any) and eventually cutting through the opponent's stomach with the third sword.
- Tatsu Maki (Twister): Zoro spins with his swords to create a dragon-like tornado that both slashes and blows away the target(s).
- Kokujo O Tatsumaki (Black Rope Great Dragon Twister): A much stronger and more effective version of "Tatsu Maki", where Zoro performs the same action. He spins to create a dragon-like tornado that both slashes and blows away the targets, but the attack keeps going like an actual whirlwind and cuts up anyone who gets caught in it.
- Ushi Bari (Bull Horns): Zoro executes a multi-hit running attack with two swords held out like a bull's horns.
- Gazami Dori (Crab Seize): All three swords are horizontally parallel, suddenly clamping down on the target like a crab's claw for a guillotine-like effect that would normally cut a person's head off.
- Hyakuhachi Pound Ho (Phoenix of the 108 Earthly Desires/108 Pound Cannon): Same principle as the thirty-six version of the same attack. Zoro holds his two swords horizontally above the shoulder and the other in his mouth in the same direction, and then performs a circular swing that launches three air-compressed projectiles spiraling towards the target instead of one or two, tripling the power of the technique, but with Shuusui, the air compressed projectiles instead fuse and become a larger and more powerful, compressed air projectile.
- Hyakuhachi Pound Ho (Phoenix of the 1080 Earthly Desires/1080 Pound Cannon): This is currently Zoro's strongest Pound Cannon to date.
- Karasuma Gari (Demon Crow Hunt): Zoro performs a flying multiple slash technique.
- Gyuki: Yuzume (Cattle Demon: Brave Hoof): The swords are positioned pointing at the enemy. Zoro lunges forward and hits the enemy with a great impact. This was first seen being used to shatter T-Bone's sword. This attack can also be done on air.
- Ichi Gorilla (One Gorilla): Zoro flexes his left or right bicep, in preparation for Nigori-zake.
- Ni Gorilla (Two Gorillas): Zoro flexes his right or left bicep, in preparation for Nigori-zake, as a follow-up to the above technique. As above, the pun is "two great strengths" and gorilla. This was first seen being used against Kaku.
- Nigori-Zake (Two-Arm Strength Slash): After using both Ichi and Ni Gorilla, Zoro swings his swords so that the tips meet when they hit the opponent, with the swords in his mouth and left hand being held at the same level and the right's hilt dropping at an angle.
- Hyo Kin Dama (Leopard Koto Ball): Zoro jumps forward while spinning in the air, forming a ball shape with his blades. This is basically a feinting maneuver, so even if the target manages to read the pattern of this attack and move out of Zoro's trajectory, they will still be cut as Zoro careens past them.
- Daibutsu Giri (Great Buddha Cut): A series of horizontal sword slashes that are powerful enough to cut apart a small building. This is the first new Santoryu technique Zoro has used since losing Yubashiri. This move can also be performed vertically.
- Yasha Garasu (Yaksa Crow): Zoro spins like a rolling wheel at an enemy with his swords, eventually coming to a head with a tornado-like move while continually thrusting the swords at the opponent. This attack leaves cuts shaped like crows' feet.
- Santoryu Ogi: Sanzen Sekai (Three-Sword Style Secret Technique: Three Thousand Worlds): Zoro holds two of his swords at an angle against each other and rotates them rapidly while running towards his opponent to create momentum; he then slices up the foe with full speed and power.
- Santoryu Ogi: Rokudo no Tsuji (Three Swords Style Secret Technique: Crossing of Six Paths): Zoro manages to bend his body, and swing the swords in the form of an inverted "S" shape while performing a vertical spin, slashing the opponent's six times simultaneously so fast that he did not seem to move at all.
- Santoryu Ogi: Ichidai Sanzen Daisen Sekai (Three Swords Style Secret Technique: Great Three Thousand Great Thousand Worlds): An enhanced version of "Sanzen Sekai". Zoro delivers massive slashes to his opponent one after another.
|Plan E in action|
- Nitōryū (Two Sword Style): A complimentary stance to Zoro's Santōryū, which encompasses dual-wielding two of his katanas.
- Taka Nami (Hawk Wave): While airborne, it creates a powerful gust of wind to knock opponents over.
- Sai Kuru (Rolling Rhino): Zoro holds his swords in front of him pointing up, like rhinoceros horns, and spins quickly.
- Nitoryu Iai: Rashomon (Two Sword Style Draw and Resheath Technique: Castle Gate): A dual sword drawing technique so powerful that it can split large obstacles in half. Zoro draws his swords, and sheathes them quickly, able to split two train carriages in half.
- Nanajuni Pound Ho (Phoenix of the 72 Earthly Desires/72 Pound Cannon): Same principle as the 36 Pound Cannon. Holding his two swords horizontally above the shoulder, Zoro then performs a circular swing that launches two air-compressed projectiles spiraling towards the target instead of one, making it twice as powerful.
- Nigiri (Double Slash): A stance where two swords are held parallel so that the tips are pointing to his right or left side, this move is like a pre-requirement to perform: Tourou, Outourou, Hirameki, Samon, and Maguma.
- Toro (Climbing a Tower): Two air-based projectile slashes are sent upwards while jumping as Zoro swings his swords in an upward motion.
- Otoro (Reply Climbing a Tower): Two air-based projectile slashes are sent downwards while falling as Zoro swings his swords downwards, with the gravity complimenting the force of the attack.
- Hirameki (Flash): Two air-based projectiles are sent forward after swinging both swords from the left or right side.
- Samon (Sand Drawing): Two air-based projectiles are sent diagonally down and to the left or right after swinging both swords from the left or right.
- Maguma (Demon Bear): A simple downward pound into the opponent with both swords.
- Nigiri: Toro Samon (Two Cutter: Climbing Tower Sand Drawing): A combination of two former techniques, Toro and Samon, performed from his Nigiri stance. Zoro uses two swords in an upward diagonal slash to send a double air-based projectile attack that cuts his opponent.
- Nanahyakuniju Pound Ho (720 Pound Phoenix/Cannon): A more powerful version of the 72 Pound Cannon. Holding his two swords horizontally above the shoulder, Zoro then performs a circular swing that launches two air-compressed projectiles spiraling toward the target
- Clear Lance (Sky Tanuki Lance): Zoro performs a downward slash with two swords, generating a strong shockwave. The shockwave generated is such that it can be used while in midair to stop himself from falling and push himself a great distance
- Ittōryū (One Sword Style): A complimentary stance to Zoro's Santōryū, which encompasses wielding one sword. Zoro primarily uses Ittōryū for specialized cutting techniques.
- Ittoryu Iai: Shishi Sonson (One Sword Style Draw and Resheath Technique: Lion's Song): Placing the sheathed sword upright and listening to the "breath" of his opponent, the attack rapidly unsheathes, attacks, and sheathes the sword.
- Ittoryu Iai: Shi Shishi Sonson (One Sword Style Draw and Resheath Technique: Lion's Song of Death): Zoro's stronger version of his original "Ittoryu Iai: Shishi Sonson" after the timeskip. Zoro swings his sword in a very speedy and strong unsheath move to slice his opponent.
- Hiryu: Kaen (Flying Dragon: Blaze): Using one sword wielded in his left hand with his right hand gripping his left wrist for support (or vice-versa), Zoro jumps high up into the air and slashes his opponent. After slashing them, Zoro's opponent then bursts into flames.
- Sanjuroku Pound Ho (36 Pound Cannon): This attack uses the air itself to slash the target from a distance.
- Sanbyakurokuju Pound Ho (360 Pound Cannon): Zoro stronger version of his 36 Pound Cannon after the timeskip.
- Yakkodori (Disaster Harbor Bird): Zoro launches from his sword a crescent moon-like projectile of compressed air to the opponent with great speed, similar to 36 Pound Hou.
- Baki (Demon Horse): After raising his sword above his head, Zoro delivers a powerful vertical slice to his opponent.
- Foxfire Style: Firefox Style allows the user to generate, attack with, and cut through fire. It also allows them to cut through explosions unfazed.
- Homura Saki (Flame Split): One of Kin'emon's techniques performed by Zoro, which was able to split the sun homie Prometheus in half.
- Homura Saki: Rokudo no Tsuji (Flame Split: Crossing of the Six Paths): Using Three Sword Style's Rokudo no Tsuji and Homura Saki together, Zoro continuously cuts flames into several small pieces within seconds.
- Homura Saki (Flame Split): One of Kin'emon's techniques performed by Zoro, which was able to split the sun homie Prometheus in half.
- Kyūtōryū (Nine Swords Style): A late addition to Zoro's original sword styles. The mechanics of this are currently unknown, but it seems that in order to use this, Zoro emanates an "aura" that creates the illusion of himself with six arms and three heads, which also greatly augments his attack power.
- Kiki Kyutoryu: Ashura (Demon Spirit Nine Sword Style: Asura): The technique that allows him to use Kyutoryu.
- Ashura: Ichibugin (Asura: One Mist Silver): Holding the swords so the blades are pointing towards the victim, Zoro leaps towards them, powerfully slashing them with all nine of his swords at once.
- Ashura: Makyusen (Asura: Demon Nine Flashes): Zoro approaches his target and slashes them up using all nine swords.
- Ashura Bakkei: Moja no Tawamure (Asura Sword-Drawing: Jest of the Dead): First, Zoro holds Enma out horizontally in his right hand, his other swords in his left hand and mouth as usual, and enters his "Ashura" state, with the silhouette behind him clasping two of its six hands. Amid this, Haki begins emanating from him as he hardens his swords using Busoshoku Haki. He then readies his swords, moving passed his opponents in a flash, cutting them using incredible force.
- King of Hell Three Sword Style: After choosing to let Enma draw out as much Haki as it could, Zoro infused it, and his two swords with not just Busoshoku Haki, but also Haoshoku Haki, dramatically increasing the power and range of his techniques. In this state, Zoro dubbed his swordsmanship, King of Hell Three Sword Style. He can only maintain this state for a limited amount of time, as the massive consumption of Haki would otherwise prove lethal. While using this style, Zoro's three swords emanate black lightning and a green smoke-like aura.
- Rengoku Oni Giri (Purgatory Ogre Cutter): A Haoshoku and Busoshoku-Haki infused variant of his regular Three Sword Style technique "Rengoku Onigiri", Zoro performs his usual Oni Giri stance, with his two swords crossed across his chest and places the blade in his mouth horizontally behind them. However, unlike previous versions of this technique, he does not charge toward his opponent before performing the slashes. Additionally, the use of both Haoshoku and Busoshoku Haki in this version not only increases the strength of the attack, but the range as well, effectively turning the close-range slashing technique into a long-range flying slash technique.
- En-Ō Santōryū: Ippyakusanjo Hiryu Jigoku (King of Hell Three Sword Dragon: 103 Emotions Flying Dragon Samurai Extreme): A Haoshoku and Busoshoku-Haki infused long-range technique, Zoro charges at his opponent, leaps into the air, put his hand swords over his mouth blade, and then swings them in a forward descending slash, in a manner similar to the technique "Tora Gari". All the infused Haki used in the technique is released toward his opponent, creating a long-ranged slash powerful enough to cut through his opponent's attack and still reach all the way toward his opponent.
Notable OBD Victories:
- Alibaba & Hakuryuu (Magi - Labyrinth of Magic) - Alibaba & Hakuryuu Profile (Zoro was teamed up with Sanji)
- Black☆Star (Soul Eater) - Black☆Star Profile (done way too many times to count)
- Byakuya (Bleach) - Byakuya Profile
- Clare (Claymore) - Clare Profile
- Deadpool (Marvel Comics) - Deadpool Profile
- Demon Eyes Kyo (Samurai Deeper Kyo) - Demon Eyes Kyo Profile
- Erza Scarlet (Fairy Tail) - Erza Profile (done numerous times)
- Himura Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin) - Kenshin Profile
- Ikaruga (Fairy Tail)
- King Bradley (Fullmetal Alchemist) - King Bradley Profile
- Kimetsu no Yaibaverse (Kimetsu no Yaiba)
- Kisame (Naruto) - Kisame Profile
- Mifune (Soul Eater) - Mifune Profile
- Nero (Devil May Cry) - Nero Profile
- Phantom Miria (Claymore) - Miria Profile
- Shunsui Kyōraku (Bleach) - Shunsui Profile
- Yu Kanda (D.Gray-Man) - Yu Kanda Profile
Notable OBD Losses:
- Aqua the Back (Toaru Majutsu no Index) - Aqua the Back Profile (outdated, Zoro wins now)
- Gintoki (Gintama) - Gintoki Profile (this was Pre-skip Zoro and Yoshiwara Gintoki, outdated, Zoro wins now)
- Magneto (X - Men: Evolution) (outdated, Zoro wins now)
- Mibu Kyoshiro (Samurai Deeper Kyo) - Kyoshiro Profile (outdated, Zoro wins now)
- Millions Knives (Trigun) - Knives Profile (outdated, Zoro wins now)
- Samurai Jack (Samurai Jack) - Samurai Jack Profile (this was pre-timeskip Zoro)
- Youmu Konpaku - (Touhou) - Youmu Profile
- Yupi (Hunter x Hunter) - Yupi Profile (Note: this was pre-timeskip Zoro) (outdated, Zoro wins now)
Other: Named "Zolo" in the awful 4kids dub, not to be confused with the fictional Californian vigilante and swordsman Zorro
Key: East Blue Saga | Arabasta Arc | Skypiea Arc | Enies Lobby/Thriller Bark/Sabaody Arc | Fishman Island/Dressrosa Arc | Wano Arc