|The way of the future
Teleportation is the ability of a user to move somewhere without physically traveling. The user thinks of a destination and can appear there at will. The user’s molecules may travel at light-speed or may be realigned mentally at target destination, may use quantum superposition, in which the user teleports by replacing and restocking energy in a spatial behavior. Some users disappear in a flash of light, sudden vanish, or even a strange cloud of smoke. It may be possible to take people/objects along with touch by means of static teleportation.
- Dimensional Transport: Phasing into a dimension at one location, and stepping out into another location.
- Mechanical Transport: This is teleportation through use of technology, sometimes accompanied by technopathy.
- Magical Transport: Teleporting without any kind of logical explanation
- Energy Transport: Movement accomplished in which the user’s body's molecules disassemble at one point and come back together at another, may accompany or be accomplished by elemental manipulation andtransmutation.
- Teleport out of harm's way.
- Teleport great distances, reducing travel time.
- Teleport pass walls and obstacles.
- Teleport objects to another location, creating instant mailing.
- Teleport objects into a target, causing telefrag, punching holes or bisecting the opponent. This can be considered a form of spacial slicing, as such ability cannot be blocked.
- Teleport an attack back at the opponent.
- Teleport an opponent to your front to intercept an incoming attack, defending yourself and cause the opponent's attempt to backfire at the same time.
- Teleport a massive object above the target, letting it crash down to crush the opponent to death.
- High-level users can teleport parts of an opponent away, such as removing a limb, internal organs, or even head, instantly killing them.
- If the time-space coordinate the user is teleporting to is already occupied, the user might get thrown to another location, or suffer some other sort of teleportation malfuntion.
- Users may be required to know the area they are teleporting to, or else they may be unable to teleport properly.
- Users may have their power restricted to usage only under particular circumstances. For example, one may only be able to teleport whilst in shadow.
- Users may only be able to teleport a particular amount of times per time span, and overuse of the power may lead to self-damage.
- The user may only be able to teleport within a particular distance from where they are to begin with.
- Users may only be able to teleport if an object or totem is in that location which they can lock on
Teleportation is considered an effective ability for surprising your opponent and avoiding BFR, but it is not considered a replacement for sheer speed, due to the issue of reaction time.
Examples of characters who can teleport:
- Goku and several others from Dragon Ball
- Nightcrawler, Fusa, and many others from Marvel Comics
- The Monitors and many others from DC Comics
- Several technologies from Doctor Who
- Several Bionicle characters have various types of teleportation, whether through natural abilities or mask power
- Many Pokemon, mostly Psychic types
- Minato Namikaze, Obito Uchiha, Kakashi Hatake and several others from Naruto
- Doctor Manhattan from Watchmen
- Reiji Kageyama from Gate Keepers
- Ryoko, Tenchi, Z, and several others from Tenchi Muyo!
- Shirai Kuroko and Awaki Musujime from To Aru Majutsu No Index
- Sonic, Shadow, Silver, and several Black Arms characters from Sonic the Hedgehog (some need an emerald to do this)
- Various higher tier Warhammer 40,000 characters
- Wilhelm from Xenosaga