|Ace would be proud
Name: Monkey D. Luffy, epithet "Straw Hat"
Origin: One Piece
Classification: Human, Captain of the Straw Hat Pirates, Supernova, Paramecia Devil Fruit User
Age: 17 pre timeskip, 19 after the timeskip
Powers and Abilities: Super strength, speed, durability, endurance, agility, stamina, dexterity, expert Haki user (Kenbunshoku Haki, Busōshoku Haki, and Haōshoku Haki), battle - precognition (via Kenbunshoku Haki), can significantly harden his body for augmented offensive and defensive capabilities (he uses Busōshoku Haki to seemingly vulcanize his body, can also use this in conjunction with his Gears), can harm and affect characters with elemental mimicry, can dominate the will of others (Haoshoku Haki allows him to knock those with inadequate wills unconscious as well as tame monsters as fierce as the Kraken), ate the Gomu Gomu no Mi, a Paramecia type Devil Fruit which turns the user's body into rubber and endows the user with the properties of rubber (allows the user to stretch any part of his body, the user doesn't conduct electricity, gives the user super durability towards blunt impacts), can enhance his speed and (consequently) his attack power with Gear Second (a technique which pumps his blood throughout his body at a much faster rate, after the timeskip Luffy is able to use this in a single part of his body and can also activate it mid-attack), can enlarge body parts to gigantic proportions with Gear Third (a technique where Luffy pumps air through his bones, giving him more mass and a larger area to attack with far greater force), can use Gear Fourth which drastically increases his mobility and attack power, Gear Fourth also grants Luffy pseudo flight, fire resistance, cold resistance, poison resistance, nigh-immune to electricity based attacks, small scale fire manipulation, formidable willpower, within Gear Fifth he can turn the surrounding environment into rubber whenever he touches it which can either be used to absorb the impact of an attack after being struck or used to deflect energy-based attacks, lighting manipulation (can summon lighting storms and use the lighting bolts as projectiles), can completely enlarge his entire body and grow into a giant, telepathy via The Voice of All Things
Weaknesses: Cannot swim and becomes immobilized if more than half of his body is covered in water, overusing Gears strains his body and he can't use Haki for 10 minutes after using Gear Fourth, The Voice of All Things doesn't seem to be applicable in a combat scenario
Destructive Capacity: At least multi-city block level+ (leveled Arlong Park) | Small city level+ (overpowered Crocodile's Desert Spada with a punch, destroyed the bottom of Alabasta | City level+ (stronger than Zoro who cut a massive chunk of a beanstalk, also knocked over a massive golden formation) | At least city level+ (parted a huge tidal wave with Zoro, matched Lucci blow for blow and nearly knocked him out with a Gear Third punch and injured Asgard Moriah with several Gear Second attacks) | Continent level+ (matched Doflamingo prior to Gear Fourth and completely overpowered his God Thread with King Kong Gun, fought Katakuri and started to evolve mid-battle strengthening his Haki, also matched Big Mom's Prometheus alongside Sanji) | Multi-continent level+ (capable of injuring Hybrid and full Dragon Kaido after his Udon training, Luffy consistently evolved during the battle and was able to pummel Dragon Kaido sending him flying, even base Luffy could knock him around and cause noticeable damage, becomes much stronger in Gear Fifth as Luffy was able to completely manhandle Dragon Kaido and overpowered his Fire Dragon Great Torch with his Bajrang Gun)
Range: Can range from several meters to several kilometers depending on how far he stretches and with lightning bolts
Speed: Supersonic+ (casually deflected cannonballs) | Hypersonic+ (his Gomu Gomu no Storm is this fast) | Sub-relativistic+ (should be capable of dodging Foxy's Noro Noro Beams | Sub-relativistic+ (faster than Zoro who could dodge Kuma's Air Cannons and can dodge Pacifista lasers, becomes faster in Gear Second) | Relativistic with light-speed reactions (comparable to Law who can match the velocity of Fujitora's meteors, Gear Fourth was nearly too fast for Doflamingo to handle, also kept up with Katakuri who no only was as fast as Gear Fourth but was also using Future Sight), pre-cog further compliments his reactions | Relativistic with light-speed reactions (can keep up with Kaido in all of his forms, becomes faster in Gear Fifth), pre-cog further compliments his reactions
Durability: At least multi-city block level+ | Small city level+ (tanked a Desert Spada from Crocodile) | City level+ (tanked Wiper's Burn Bazooka which did comparable damage as Luffy's Gomu Gomu no Bazooka) | At least city level+ (withstood numerous attacks from Lucci including his Rankyaku, utterly unfazed by Asgard Moriah's physical strikes) | Continent level+ (withstood Doflamingo's awakened strings with his Busōshoku Haki, tanked Fujitora's Fierce Tiger and withstood numerous attacks from Katakuri in both base and Gear Fourth) | Multi-continent level+ (ate a Heavenly Bon-Bon and thunderbolt from Big Mom, took numerous hakified attacks from Kaido and can charge right through his Boro Breathe, becomes more durable in Gear Fifth, Luffy's Devil Fruit awakening allows him to turn the environment to rubber allowing him to absorb the shock from physical strikes which makes him harder to injure)
Lifting Strength: Class K (tossed a sea monster over 50m in length a considerable distance with relative ease) | Class M+ | Class G+ (pushed a city block apart from an awkward position where he didn't even have enough space to spread his arms) | At least Class G+ (can lift a 700-ton gold ball and throw it well over 100 meters) | At least Class G+ | Class T (stronger than Burgess who can lift ''mountains'', becomes stronger in Gear Fifth [could toss Dragon Kaido around with ease])
Striking Strength: Class GJ+ (capable of collapsing large buildings) | Class PJ (capable of punching through huge layers of bedrock) | Class PJ+ (hits harder than Zoro) | At least Class PJ+ (matched Lucci and broke Oars' spine) | Class YJ+ (could match Doflamingo and Katakuri) | Class NJ (matched Kaido and split the sky)
Stamina: Vastly superhuman+ (able to persevere with highly lethal poison coursing through his veins and with grave wounds, his stamina and endurance were particularly displayed when he fought in the Impel Down riot after he went through his violently draining recovery from his excessive poisoning at Magellan's hands and then went on to battle for hours at the Marineford Battle, all the while sustaining injuries from men like Aokiji, Kizaru, Sengoku, Momonga etc., his stamina can also be almost completely restored instantly if he eats meat)
Standard Equipment: His straw hat
Intelligence: Combat genius (developed his own fighting style, assimilating his unique rubber physique with a mobile brawling approach to battle, learned Soru, a superhuman martial art technique, after just seeing it in action once, grow overall at a very fast rate, at times even notable in the middle of battle), prodigious aptitude for battle (keenly seizes the developments of fights to his advantage, doesn't waste any movements during battle etc.), expertly uses his rubber body in creative ways (developing his snap-back techniques to enhance the power of many of his attacks, coming up with Gear Second and Gear Third, using his stretching capacity to his benefit in battle etc.), extensive battle experience fighting many different kinds of adversaries, is a simpleton outside battle however
- Haki: There are normally two types of Haki regular people can tap into: the Kenbunshoku Haki which allows individuals to sense the presence of others, and Busōshoku Haki which allows individuals to create an invisible armor around them. There is, however, a third type of Haki, Haōshoku Haki, that only a few individuals can use. Luffy is one of these people.
- Haōshoku Haki (Color of the Conquering King): The ability to knock out someone else or a large group. While inexperienced users are restricted to intimidating one being or blindly knocking out any with weak wills around them, those with more expertise can pick out weak-willed individuals in a large group to knock out.
- Busōshoku Haki (Color of Armaments): A form of Haki that allows the user to create an "invisible armor" around themselves. With that, they can protect themselves from attacks, and if trained well, use it to deliver stronger attacks. Besides the increase of strength, it is the only form of attack that doesn't involve Kairouseki that can hit any Devil Fruit user, being able to hit the user's original body even if it's a Logia user. It can also be used in weapons.
- Busoshoku: Koka (Color of Armaments: Hardening): Luffy uses Busōshoku Haki to drastically harden parts of his body (typically his fists, but can also be used defensively). Basically, whereas basic Busoshoku Haki surrounds the user's body with a hard armor, Koka hardens the body itself, giving a larger increase in attack power and toughness. When Luffy uses it, the arm he applies it to becomes black and shiny, much like vulcanized rubber.
- Kenbunshoku Haki (Color of Observation or Mantra): A form of Haki that allows the user to sense the presence of his opponents. A user of this type of Haki can predict an opponent's moves before he gets hit. This works by showing the user an image or brief "premonition" of what the opponent will do, manifested as a mental image in the user's mind's eye, and the damage the user will take if the attack "hit" for real. It appears that the more killer intent the enemy has the easier they are to predict, though more efficient users can predict future moves regardless of whether there are ambient murderous intents or not. Including the distance, location, and where the opponent may strike next.
- Future Sight: A highly advanced level of Kenbunshoku Haki allows the user to see a short period into the future; instead of just sensing what will happen by intuition, the user of this advanced level of Kenbunshoku Haki can literally see a precise mental image of what will happen in the next few seconds. The vision also allows the user to hear any words that will be spoken. Contrary to basic Haki, there is no need to sense emotions or intention to use this technique. According to Rayleigh, this ability is very difficult for someone to obtain via training, it has to be learned by advancing their Haki in the heat of battle against strong opponents.
- The Voice of All Things: The Voice of All Things is a mysterious and incredibly rare ability that allows the user to communicate with people, creatures, and objects in the world around them without the need for a physical message, such as speech or writing. The Voice of All Things should not be mistaken for the ability to simply understand animal communication. It's more like hearing the animal's thoughts or understanding the message in their heart; thus, the communication offered by the Voice of All Things can be considered akin to telepathy. The messages that come from these animals (as well as the messages that come from objects) appear to be completely inaudible to anyone who cannot hear the Voice. So far, only a minuscule number of people in the world have been shown to possess the ability to hear the Voice.
- Rokushiki: A special, superhuman martial arts style used primarily by members of Cipher Pol #9. It consists of six special techniques: Kami-e, Geppou, Rankyaku, Shigan, Soru, and Tekkai.
- Soru: By kicking the ground at least 10 times in the blink of an eye, Luffy propels himself across short distances at enhanced speed.
- Geppou: Allows Luffy to kick the air itself to propel himself through the sky like flying. Luffy can only use Geppou while in Gear Fourth.
- Gomu Gomu no Mi (Rubber Rubber Fruit): A Paramecia-type Devil Fruit, this fruit turns the user's body into rubber. The fruit's major strength, as demonstrated by Luffy, is that the person can stretch their body like rubber at will, which makes them almost entirely immune to blunt attacks. The user's ability to stretch and twist like rubber to extreme lengths not only makes them immune to injuries that originate from such, but it also allows the user to drastically increase the range of what would otherwise be a powerful close-range attack, turning it into a devastating mid-range attack. A stretched limb can also be used to store potential energy like a stretched spring, increasing the power of an attack. Owing to the rubber's insulating properties, the user is also highly resistant to electrical attacks.
- Normal Offensive Techniques: The known normal Devil Fruit-based attacks that Luffy has shown so far.
- Gomu Gomu no Pistol: Luffy's signature attack. A standard straight punch augmented with stretching. This attack can be used from short to long range.
- Gomu Gomu no Twin Pistol: Luffy punches with both arms simultaneously.
- Gomu Gomu no Pistol Shot: This starts off as an ordinary Pistol attack, after which Luffy "twangs" his stretched arm, causing his fist to connect multiple times.
- Gomu Gomu no Bullet: Luffy stretches one arm, far behind him while running, then snaps it back to deliver a short-distance, one-fisted powerful blow to an opponent.
- Gomu Gomu no Rifle: Similar to the Gomu Gomu no Bullet, but Luffy twists his arm around as he stretches it behind him and hits the opponent at close range, putting a spin on them.
- Gomu Gomu no Bazooka: Luffy stretches both his arms far back, and then hurls them forward, striking his opponent with both simultaneously.
- Gomu Gomu no Eagle Bazooka: Similar to Gomu Gomu no Bazooka, Luffy stretches both his arms far back, and then hurls them forward, striking his opponent with both simultaneously but with his arms coated in Busōshoku Haki.
- Gomu Gomu no Cannon: Luffy builds up speed with a series of quick jabs, but with none of the punches actually making contact with the target(s) at first, and finishes with a single double-fisted blow similar to Bazooka.
- Gomu Gomu no Stamp: Luffy stretches his leg out and hits his opponent with the bottom of his foot.
- Gomu Gomu no Battle Axe: Luffy stretches one leg high into the air, then brings it crashing down on an opponent or structure, for massive damage, strong enough to destroy large buildings and ships in a single hit.
- Gomu Gomu no Volcano: Similar to Gomu Gomu no Battle Axe, Luffy's foot is stretched upwards to break through a roof.
- Gomu Gomu no Lance: Luffy holds his feet together (with the bottoms of each touching each other) and kicks both simultaneously.
- Gomu Gomu no Whip: Luffy stretches his leg and kicks in a wide circle, striking multiple foes.
- Gomu Gomu no Mallet: Luffy stretches out his arms while twisting them, then takes hold of his opponent. He then untwists them, rapidly spinning his opponent, while bringing him crashing to the floor.
- Gomu Gomu no Big Mallet: Similar to Gomu Gomu Mallet, but he performs it using the feet and legs instead of hands and arms while in mid-air.
- Gomu Gomu no Mace: Luffy uses his elastic body to slam his opponent with a powerful snap-back blow.
- Gomu Gomu no Submarine: Similar to the Pistol, but his fist travels underground to uppercut the target.
- Gomu Gomu no Bow Gun: Luffy takes hold of his opponent, then repeatedly twists his torso vertically around his waist. The resulting snapback sends his opponent flying upwards.
- Gomu Gomu no Scythe: Luffy grabs an object behind his opponent and pulls himself towards them. He then stretches out his other arm and clotheslines his opponent
- Gomu Gomu no Bell: Luffy stretches his head back, and then snaps back in a brutal headbutt.
- Gomu Gomu no Snake Shot: Luffy moves his arm in a snake-like fashion and grips the enemy, possibly inflicting piercing damage.
- Combination Techniques: Attacks that encompass consecutive punches or kicks.
- Gomu Gomu no Gatling: Using his stretching capacity to drastically augment the speed at which he brings his fists back and forth, Luffy launches a torrent of consecutive punches at super high speeds. The hits land so fast that dozens of punches appear to connect simultaneously.
- Gomu Gomu no Storm: Luffy first uses Gomu Gomu no Balloon and twists his body around tightly, then blows the air out behind him while untwisting to fly in forward while spinning towards an opponent, where he delivers a continuous barrage of super-fast punches, similar to Gomu Gomu no Gatling, with power greatly enhanced by the momentum of his launch.
- Gomu Gomu no Stamp Gatling: Basically a Gomu Gomu no Gatling executed with stomps instead of punches.
- Gomu Gomu no Rain: Luffy jumps into the air and performs a strong, rapid-fire punching attack while spinning. Similar to Gomu Gomu no Storm, except without inflating himself beforehand, and he punches while descending like rain.
- Gomu Gomu no Fireworks: Luffy jumps into the air and spins around rapidly. He then stretches and wraps himself in his own arms and legs like a rubber ball. When the rubber rebounds and the 'ball' is unwrapped he unleashes a flurry of punches and kicks of increased speed, that go in every direction due to his fists and feet bouncing back and forth.
- Gomu Gomu no Octopus Fireworks: Much like Gomu Gomu no Fireworks except, due to the previous move, Gomu Gomu no Octopus, his limbs bounce off of walls without losing speed. Because his limbs are limp, Luffy can't predict or control where they will go if they ricochet off of an object.
- Defensive & Utility Techniques: Various techniques Luffy has developed in order to augment his defense, mobility etc.
- Gomu Gomu no Octopus: A technique in which Luffy somehow turns off his mind, which makes his appendages go limp, causing them to resemble the tentacles of an octopus.
- Gomu Gomu no Rocket: Luffy's main method of traveling long distances fast. He stretches out one of his arms or both and grabs a handhold, then retracts them, projecting himself high into the air at high speeds, over great distances, or even into an opponent.
- Gomu Gomu no Balloon: A defensive technique wherein Luffy inflates himself rapidly through his mouth, further increasing his resistance to blunt attacks. With his inflated body, Luffy is capable of deflecting projectile attacks back at his attackers.
- Gomu Gomu no Thank You Fire: Luffy first absorbs the projectiles the way he does normally and then accurately rebounds the projectiles at an enemy with twice the power as when they hit him.
- Gomu Gomu no Shield: Luffy grabs the fingers of one hand with the other, and stretches them before his face to block blades that pass between the fingers.
- Gomu Gomu no Net: Luffy entwines his fingers making a net-like shape and then stretches out his fingers making a larger net in an attempt to trap his opponents.
- Gomu Gomu no UFO: Luffy spins his legs in a way similar to a helicopter's propellers which allows Luffy to float. This can also be used as an attack.
- Gear Second: Luffy pumps his blood rapidly with his legs to kick-start the process which in turn, increases the speed of his blood flow, thus providing more oxygen and nutrients to various parts of his body which makes him faster and much stronger. It uses even more oxygen and energy, hence using up more food and he has to breathe harder. The increase in his metabolism causes him to be hungrier than usual or even a paralytic type effect after a long usage of it. Can be used to achieve a full body effect, or an effect on any single area of his body (e.g. the arm). The techniques in this mode are basically the same as the regular attacks but greatly augmented by his enhanced attack speed and, consequently, attack power. The known Gear Second-specific techniques are listed below.
- Gomu Gomu no Red Hawk: Luffy uses his Busōshoku Haki in conjunction with Gear Second to ignite his arm and strike his opponent, creating an explosion upon contact.
|Bringing the heat
- Gear Third: Luffy pumps air through his bones to make them gigantic. This gives his arm more mass and a larger area to attack with far greater strength. Previously Luffy turned into a chibi form after canceling the technique but after the timeskip, he no longer shrinks in size. The techniques in this mode are basically the same as the regular attacks but greatly augmented by his increased mass and power. The known Gear Third-specific techniques are listed below.
- Gomu Gomu no Elephant Gun: After pumping air into his fist to drastically increase its mass, Luffy uses his Busōshoku Haki to harden it (appearing to be significantly harder than his regular Gear Third which has been likened to steel in the sense bullets ricochet off his Gear Third limbs instead of bouncing off), turning his arm black in the process. Luffy then attacks in a similar motion to when he uses his Gigant Pistol, launching his fist toward his opponent. This attack seems to be more densely pumped with air at the tip compared to the Gigant Pistol, forming a large round ball at his forearm, whilst the rest of his arm remains at the same size, although stretched.
- Gomu Gomu no Elephant Gatling: After enlarging and imbuing both his arms with Busōshoku Haki in a similar manner as Gomu Gomu no Elephant Gun, Luffy uses his stretching ability to bring his fists forward repeatedly in a blurry, rapid barrage of strong punches that creates the illusion of him having multiple arms.
- Gomu Gomu no Grizzly Magnum: After enlarging and imbuing both his arms with Busōshoku Haki, Luffy stretches his arms back and strikes with open palms simultaneously in a similar fashion to Gomu Gomu no Bazooka.
- Gear Stacking: While he is still in Gear Second, Luffy goes into Gear Third with Hone Fuusen, combining the enhanced speed of Gear Second with the augmented attack power of Gear Third.
- Gomu Gomu no Gigant Jet Shell: With the combination of Gear Second's speed and this drastic increase in mass of Gear Third, Luffy launches a hair-filled led body and rams into an opponent like a large cannonball.
- Gomu Gomu no Red Roc (Rubber Rubber Inferno Pistol/Fist Gun): A combination of Gomu Gomu no Elephant Gun and Gomu Gomu no Red Hawk. Luffy activates Gear 3, inflating his fist, and with both Gear 2 and advanced Busoshoku Haki, ignites it to deliver a huge flaming hardened punch.
- Gear Fourth: A technique that Luffy developed during the time skip when he fought giant creatures on Rusukaina. Luffy coats his arm in Busoshoku Haki before biting into his forearm. Similar to how he activates Gear Third, he blows an incredible amount of air into his body, but this time he inflates his muscular structure before distributing the air throughout his body, with emphasis on his upper half. If Luffy is stopped mid-blowing, the arm will slowly deflate. When utilizing Gear Fourth, Luffy makes extensive usage of his Busoshoku Haki by coating his arms, legs, and much of his torso in it to the point that they turn black from hardening. The Haki coating across his body resembles the wispy ends made from flames, giving it the appearance of tattoos, and he gains shading around the inner and outer edges of his eyes. He also physically grows taller, standing around 4 meters tall. Similar to when using Gear Second, Luffy is continuously emitting steam in this form. Combined with Luffy's rubbery composition and his compressed muscle structure, Gear Fourth both adds explosive power to Luffy's attacks and grants him enhanced defensive capabilities far beyond what he can demonstrate with or without Gear Second or Gear Third. Depending on the situation, Luffy can adapt Gear Fourth into different forms.
- Boundman: Luffy's first Gear Fourth form. Luffy's proportions become warped and his body becomes much larger in size, with his arms, upper torso, and legs coated in Busoshoku Haki. As a side-effect, he is incapable of standing still on the ground, and instead constantly bounces on the spot. This form was created in order to combat the many powerful and large animals on Rusukaina.
- Gomu Gomu no Leo Bazooka: The Gear Fourth version of Gomu Gomu no Bazooka. After retracting both of his fists into his arms, Luffy "fires" them at his opponent.
- Gomu Gomu no Culverin: Luffy delivers a punch like a regular Gomu Gomu no Pistol, but if it is dodged, he can redirect his punch an unspecified number of times, without losing momentum, to still land with tremendous force. In addition, this punch does not need to retract back to his body right after being "fired" as the regular Gomu Gomu no Pistol does.
- Gomu Gomu no Double Culverin: Luffy pulls back his arms before punching his opponent with them.
- Gomu Gomu no Double Culverin: Luffy pulls back his arms before punching his opponent with them.
- Gomu Gomu no Rhino Schneider: After compressing both legs into his body, Luffy delivers a double flying kick, similar to Gomu Gomu no Yari.
- Gomu Gomu no Kong Gun: After compressing his fist into his enlarged forearm (and making it look like the barrel of an actual cannon), Luffy unleashes a devastating short-range.
- Gomu Gomu no King Kong Gun: Similar to Gomu Gomu no Bazooka, Luffy stretches both his arms far back, and then hurls them forward, striking his opponent with both simultaneously.
- Gomu Gomu no Kong Organ: The Gear Fourth version of Gomu Gomu no Gatling and rapid-fire version of Kong Gun. After compressing both fists into his arms, Luffy moves his arms horizontally in a rapid fashion, with the afterimages giving the impression of two extra pairs of arms being materialized, before releasing a flurry of continuous heavy punches.
- Tankman: The second Gear Fourth form. Due to the increase in Luffy's metabolism Gear Fourth causes, he is able to leave his Tankman form in a short time after using it.
- Gomu Gomu no Cannonball: After trapping an enemy within him by compressing and withdrawing his stomach, Luffy launches them forward and into the air with incredible power and speed.
- Snakeman: The third Gear Fourth form. Unlike his other two Gear Fourth forms, Luffy does not significantly expand, with his forearms and legs being only slightly enlarged and the rest of his body retaining its normal proportions. The spread of Haki is slightly more limited, as it does not appear to extend onto Luffy's shoulders and upper body. However, Luffy's hair becomes flame-shaped like his Haki and sticks up. Instead of steam, this form produces a gaseous substance appearing as a mix of steam and fire and like its other counterparts also seems to be draped over his shoulders like a scarf while in this form. His fists also flex differently, with the first knuckles being extended, similar to a leopard fist.
- Gomu Gomu no Jet Culverin: A faster version of Boundman's Gomu Gomu no Culverin. Luffy compresses his fist and releases it, using Python to change the direction of his punch according to the actions of his opponent.
- Gomu Gomu no Black Mamba: Luffy arches backward and compresses both arms before unleashing a rapid-fire strike, moving his arms up and down to give the impression of multiple arms moving to attack. As with Jet Culverin, Black Mamba involves Luffy changing the direction of his attacks, but their rapid movements make Black Mamba harder to avoid. Unlike its counterpart in the Boundman form, the Kong Organ, Luffy only manifests two pairs of afterimages instead of three pairs, indicating a lower frequency of attacks. However, he makes up for it with the semi-homing abilities of Python, though it is not as accurate as the Culverins. It was first used against Katakuri, though he managed to dodge or block the majority of the attacks.
- Gomu Gomu no King Cobra: Luffy compresses his arm, and as he releases it, instead of directly targeting his opponent, he first has his arms loop around himself once before sending his enlarged fist flying at his opponent. The wide loop gives his attack additional acceleration, thus increasing its momentum, while enlarging the fist adds more mass, the combination multiplying the force of this strike.
- Gear Fifth: After awakening, Luffy demonstrates many new abilities such as being able to freely manipulate the shape and size of his body; instead of focusing more on hardening himself using Busoshoku Haki, he takes on a more cartoonish fighting style, being able to grant the environment around him the same properties as rubber.
- Gomu Gomu no Fusen (Rubber Rubber Balloon): A variant of Luffy's standard technique, unlike the original technique, Luffy's body becomes extremely buoyant, like a helium balloon.
- Gomu Gomu no Dasshutsu Rocket (Rubber Rubber Escape Rocket): A technique used by Luffy to escape from inside Kaidou's body after using "Gomu Gomu no Fusen". Luffy stretches his arms through his opponent's eyes and grabs onto their nose to launch himself out.
- Gomu Gomu no Gigant (Rubber Rubber Giant): A technique where Luffy expands himself to the size of a literal giant as if activating Gear 3 on his entire body.
- Gomu Gomu no Nawatobi (Rubber Rubber Skipping Rope): The giant-sized Luffy grabs Kaidou in his dragon form and uses Kaidou's serpentine body as a skipping rope.
- Gomu Gomu no Kaminari (Rubber Rubber Lightning): Luffy gives a lightning bolt the properties of rubber in order to grab it, then hurls it at his opponent.
- Gomu Gomu no Bajrang Gun (Rubber Rubber Monkey God Gun): The Gear 5 version of Gomu Gomu no King Kong Gun, where he inflates his fist almost to the size of Onigashima, infusing it with Busoshoku and Haoshoku Haki; then unleashes it at his opponent with the intention of punching them without making direct contact, through emitting Haki outward, for a devastating blow.
- Gomu Gomu no Mogura Pistol (Rubber Rubber Mole Pistol): Luffy punches his fist into the floor, and a nearby section of the floor stretches into a tendril and strikes his opponent from the side.
- Gomu Gomu no Dawn Whip (Rubber Rubber Dawn Whip): After twisting his body, Luffy stretches his leg, hardens it, and swings it into his opponent's face. He then lets his body rapidly untwist, adding more energy to his kick.
- Gomu Gomu no Dawn Rocket (Rubber Rubber Dawn Rocket): Luffy throws himself into the environment and uses his awakened power to bend the structure further. After shaping his hair into a pair of goggles, Luffy launches himself at his opponent and slams his fist into their abdomen.
Notable OBD Victories:
- Ban Mido (Anime) (GetBackers) Ban Mido Profile
- Akame (Akame Ga Kill) - Akame Profile
- Asta (Black Clover) - Asta Profile
- Byakuran (Katekyo Hitman Reborn) - Byakuran Profile
- Deku (Boku no Hero Academia) - Deku Profile
- FNAFverse (Five Nights At Freddy's)
- Ginji Amano (GetBackers) - Ginji Profile
- Goku (Dragon Ball Evolution) - DBE Goku Profile
- Gon Freecs (Hunter x Hunter) - Gon Profile
- Grimmjow (Bleach) - Grimmjow Profile
- Harry Potterverse (Harry Potter)
- Hendricksen (Nanatsu no Taizai) - Hendricksen Profile
- Kurapika (Hunter x Hunter) - Kurapika Profile
- Luppi (Bleach) Luppi Profile
- Natsu Dragoneel (Fairy Tail) - Natsu Profile
- Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto - The one that is linked is a parody one, currently outdated) - Naruto Profile
- Nnoitra (Bleach) - Nnoitra Profile
- Red Ribbon Army (Dragon Ball)
- Terry (The King of Fighters) - Terry Bogard Profile
- The Sins (Nanatsu no Taizai) (this was Gear Fifth Luffy)
- Steelix (Pokemon) - Steelix Profile
- The Captain (Hellsing) - The Captain Profile
- Uvogin (Hunter x Hunter) - Uvogin Profile
- Yusuke Urameshi (Yu Yu Hakusho) - Yusuke Profile
Notable OBD Losses:
- Alucard (Hellsing) - Alucard Profile (outdated, Luffy wins now)
- Alita (Battle Angel Alita) - Alita Profile (outdated, Luffy wins now)
- Darth Vader (Star Wars) - Darth Vader Profile
- Garou (OnePunch-Man) - Garou Profile
- Gladiator (Marvel Comics) - Gladiator Profile
- Kaede Nagase (Negima) - Kaede Profile (outdated, Luffy wins now)
- King Piccolo (Dragon Ball) - KP Profile (outdated, Luffy wins now)
- Jotaro Kujo (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure) - Jotaro Kujo Profile (outdated, Luffy wins now)
- Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star) - Kenshiro Profile (outdated, Luffy wins now)
- Lillymon (Digimon) - Lillymon Profile
- Pyron (Darkstalkers) - Pyron Profile
- Shizuri Mugino (Toaru Majutsu no Index) - Mugino Profile (outdated, Luffy wins now)
- Thor (Marvel Comics) - Thor Profile
- White Bomber (Bomberman) - White Bomber Profile
Other: See here for Nightmare Luffy's profile.
|Gear Fourth Boundman
|Gear Fourth Tankman
|Gear Fourth Snakeman
Key: East Blue Saga | Alabasta arc | Skypiea arc | Enies Lobby/Thriller Bark/Shaobady/Marineford arc | Dressrossa/Whole Cake Island arc | Wano arc