|Jinbei, Knight of the Sea
Name: Jinbe (called Jimbei or Jinbei in some translations), epithet "Knight of the Sea"
Origin: One Piece
Classification: Whale Shark Fishman, Captain of the Sun Pirates, Former Shichibukai, Former Royal Guard of the Ryugu Kingdom, Helmsman for the Strawhats Pirates
Age: 44 pre-timeskip, 46 post-timeskip
Powers and Abilities: Super strength, speed, durability, endurance, agility, exceptional willpower (has a huge tolerance for pain: was one of the few people to be able to take a "baptizing" in boiling water in Impel Down without flinching, which is considered an impressive feat), skilled haki user ((Kenbunshoku Haki and Busōshoku Haki), battle - precognition (via Kenbunshoku Haki), can surround his body with an invisible armor to augment his defensive and offensive capabilities (he can also imbue physical objects, such as his trident with Busōshoku Haki), can harm and affect characters with elemental mimicry, very high resistance to heat (received only superficial burns when he grabbed Akainu's magma fist, which heat far exceeds that of real-life magma given that even the ambient heat Akainu's elemental body releases is sufficient to swiftly evaporate steel swords), very high-level master of the Fishman Karate which allows him to control all the water within his vicinity including the water in a person's body, can generate water from his own body in considerable amounts and at high speeds, can use water to fire powerful projectiles, can breathe underwater and swim incredibly fast, has the ability to communicate with whale sharks over very long distances (possibly other fish as well)
Weaknesses: Weaker on land than in the water as he cannot fight at his full potential unless he is in his natural habitat but Jinbei is still a formidable opponent regardless
Destructive Capacity: Continent level+ (hurt Luffy with a Shark Tile Punch, managed to stop a direct punch from a blood lusted Akainu with his bare hands)
Range: At least several kilometers based on what Hody could do, higher near or within the water
Speed: Relativistic with light-speed reactions (intercepted Akainu mid-punch), pre-cog further compliments his reactions
Durability: Continent level+ (tanked a Jet Stamp from G2 Luffy, stopped a direct magma punch from Akainu with his bare hands with only superficial burns to show for it, also survived a blood lusted sword attack from Big Mom)
Lifting Strength: At least Class G+ (able to overpower giants far larger than Oars and flipped Big Mom with a shoulder toss)
Striking Strength: Class YJ+ (knocked an enraged Big Mom off of the Thousand Sunny)
Stamina: Vastly superhuman+ (was able to battle against Ace in a five-day-long fight)
Standard Equipment: Nothing notable
Intelligence: Adept and experienced combatant, has a knack for discerning enemy military strategies after witnessing any subtle change in enemy formations, as seen when he quickly guessed that Magellan dispatched the order to the battleships outside the Great Gaol to flee during the Impel Down mass breakout, and during the battle in Marineford where he surmises that the Marines were plotting something after Ivankov informs him the enemy is retreating further into the plaza
- Haki: There are normally two types of Haki regular people can tap into: the Kenbunshoku Haki which allows individuals to sense the presence of others, and Busōshoku Haki which allows individuals to create an invisible armor around them. There is, however, a third type of Haki, Haōshoku Haki, that only a few individuals can use. It is currently unknown if Jinbei is one of these people.
- Busōshoku Haki (Color of Armaments): A form of Haki that allows the user to create an "invisible armor" around themselves. With that, they can protect themselves from attacks, and if trained well, use it to deliver stronger attacks. Besides the increase of strength, it is the only form of attack that doesn't involve Kairouseki that can hit any Devil Fruit user, being able to hit the user's original body even if it's a Logia user. It can also be used in weapons.
- Busoshoku: Koka (Color of Armaments: Hardening): Jinbei uses Busōshoku Haki to drastically harden parts of his body (typically his fists, but can also be used defensively). Basically, whereas basic Busoshoku Haki surrounds the user's body with a hard armor, Koka hardens the body itself, giving a larger increase in attack power and toughness. Jinbei also calls this technique Kairagi (Plum Blossom Peel)
- Kenbunshoku Haki (Color of Observation or Mantra): A form of Haki that allows the user to sense the presence of his opponents. A user of this type of Haki can predict an opponent's moves before he gets hit. This works by showing the user an image or brief "premonition" of what the opponent will do, manifested as a mental image in the user's mind's eye, and the damage the user will take if the attack "hit" for real. It appears that the more killer intent the enemy has the easier they are to predict, though more efficient users can predict future moves regardless of whether there are ambient murderous intents or not. Including the distance, location, and where the opponent may strike next.
- Fishman Karate (Gyojin Karate): A martial art that is practiced by the fishman race. While deadly enough on land, Fishman Karate has a number of devastating underwater moves designed to be suitable with the Fishmen natural strengths and mobility while underwater and, in some cases, a fishman's personal adaptation (fins, teeth, etc.). The objective of Fishman Karate is mastery of the water in the user's direct vicinity, using its power to send powerful waves impacting the water within the opponent's body.
- Gyojin Jūjutsu: Mizugokoro (Fishman Way of Yielding: Water Heart): An underwater technique that Jinbei initiates by first performing a bowl-shaped gesture with his webbed hands (one hand over the other) while underwater right before giving the water itself around him a mighty yank; this allows Jinbei to physically grab and redirect currents as if he were manipulating cloth.
- Kairyū Ipponzeoi (Sea Current Lifter): An underwater technique performed after Mizugokoro. Jinbei heaves the current upward, where it erupts from the ocean surface as a towering stream of water.
- Yarinami (Spear Wave): A technique used on a body of water's surface. Jinbei heaves a spear-shaped burst of water as a projectile toward his opponent.
- Samehada Shotei (Sharkskin Palm Block): A palm blocking technique Jinbei uses to block stuff.
- Uchimizu (Water Shot): The basic version of Yabusame, in which Jinbei throws a single drop of water like a bullet.
- Karakusagawara Seiken (Arabesque Tile True Punch): Jinbei punches at a fair distance from the intended target(s), so instead of the fist connecting, it releases a shockwave that sends them flying.
- Gosenmaigawara Seiken (Five Thousand Tile True Punch): A stronger version of the Senmaigawara Seiken. It is used like an uppercut, rather than a straight punch, sending the opponent flying skywards.
- Samegawara Seiken (Shark Tile True Fist): Jinbei executes a straight punch.
- Nanasenmaigawara Mawashigeri (Seven Thousand Tile Roundhouse Kick): Jinbe performs a roundhouse kick, which is strong enough to block the gigantic Wadatsumi's punch and break one of his fingers.
- Fishman Karate Secret Technique: Buraikan: Jinbe emanates water to fill his hand and uses it to shoot a powerful water shock wave that pierces through his opponent's body, dealing internal damage to whomever he hits. It can also be used in conjunction with a physical strike.
Notable OBD Victories:
- Adult Gon (Hunter x Hunter) - Gon Freecss Profile
- Baraggan Luisenbarn (Bleach) - Baraggan Profile
- Kisame (Naruto) - Kisame Profile
- Kamui and Ryu (Gintama and Street Fighter) - Kamui Profile and Ryu Profile (Three way free for all)
- Koga (InuYasha) - Koga Profile
- Priscilla (Claymore) - Priscilla Profile
- Tia Harribel (Bleach) - Tia Harribel Profile
- Toguro (Yu Yu Hakusho) - Younger Toguro Profile
Notable OBD Losses:
- Percy Jackson (Percy Jackson and the Olympians) - Percy Jackson Profile
Other: Not be confused with the poster of the same name.