Name: Kensei Muguruma
Classification: Shinigami, Visored, 9th Division Captain
Age: Unknown, at least over 100 years old
Powers and Abilities: Super strength, speed, durability, endurance, agility, psuedo flight, Zanjutsu expert (art of the sword), Hakuda expert (hand-to-hand combat), Shunpo expert (speed enhancement technique), the ability to use Reiryoku and exert it as Reiatsu (used to increase the user's offensive power and defensive abilities), the ability to use Shikai and Bankai (upgrades that increase his Reiatsu). Can create ex
Weaknesses: None notable
Around town level (could blow Hollow Ichigo's arm clean off) | Town level | Town level+ | Possibly smal city level
Range: Several meters
Speed: Massively hypersonic+
Durability: Possibly town level+
Lifting Strength: Superhuman+
Striking Strength: Class TJ
Stamina: High, weaker characters can fight for days
Standard Equipment: Zanpakuto
Intelligence: Extremely skilled in Hakuda
- Tachikaze (Earth-severing Wind): This is the name of his Zanpakuto. Its release command is "Blow it away".
- Shikai (Initial Release): Blow it Away: The second form (or first "upgraded" form) available to a Zanpakutō. To activate it, the Shinigami needs to learn the name of their Zanpakuto. When sealed, Tachikaze takes the form of a wakizashi, with an H-shaped tsuba, white weaving around its hilt, and a black sheath. When Tachikaze is released, air currents swirl around Kensei before enveloping Tachikaze, which transforms into a combat knife with a bronze guard, light purple hilt-wrapping in the center of the hilt, a gray leather grip, and a small ring on the guard's blunt side. Tachikaze's true power lies in causing whatever comes into contact with the Zanpakuto's technique to explode.
- Air Blades: By slashing at the air, Kensei can release multiple blades of wind which cut enemies from a distance before exploding and causing devastating damage. They are extremely powerful, easily killing a giant Hollow by cutting it into pieces.
- Bakudantsuki (Bomb Thrust): Kensei charges Tachikaze with Reiryoku until it takes the shape of a glowing orb, which he fires as an energy blast with extreme force. This blast is quite devastating, blowing off the arm of Ichigo's Hollowfied form. He later uses it to destroy a Gillian simply by using the ability while impaling the mask of the Hollow with the blade of Tachikaze, which caused the head of the Gillian to blow up.
- Zanjutsu (Art of the Sword): The fighting style for the Zanpakutō, (i.e. sword fighting) and is one of the four basic fighting styles of the Shinigami.
- Hakuda (Hand-to-Hand Combat): A close-combat martial art of fighting in which one is unarmed and uses only ones body, and is one of the four basic fighting styles of the Shinigami.
- Shunpo: Superspeed technique which propels the user across short distances at enhanced speeds.
- Hollowfication: Kensei's Hollow mask grants him an explosive increase in strength, speed and durability. Can only be used for a few minutes.
- Hollowfied Form: When transformed into a Hollow, Kensei is a large, muscular and bulky humanoid with armored hands and skeletal feet, with a number of thick cylindrical protrusions on his back and forearms. Kensei's base abilities are greatly augmented however use of a Zanpakuto is seemingly impossible.
Notable OBD Victories:
Notable OBD Losses:
Shikai | Hollowified form | Bankai | Hollow mask