|ZEHAHAHAHA (stealing this pose from Doflamingo)|
Name: Marshall D. Teach, epithet "Blackbeard"
Origin: One Piece
Classification: Human, Captain of the Blackbeard Pirates, Yonkou, Former Shichibukai, Former Member of the Whitebeard Pirates, Logia Devil Fruit User, Paramecia Devil Fruit User
Age: 38 pre timeskip, 40 after the timeskip
Powers and Abilities: Super strength, speed, durability, agility, endurance, stamina, adept Haki user (Busōshoku Haki and Kenbunshoku Haki), battle - precognition (via Kenbunshoku Haki), can surround his body with an invisible armor to augment his defensive and offensive capabilities (he can also imbue physical objects with Busōshoku Haki), can harm and affect characters with elemental mimicry, ate the Yami Yami no Mi, a Logia-type Devil Fruit which allows him to create and control darkness, create gravitational attraction/repulsion forces, and pseudo black holes (which can BFR), can nullify the Devil Fruit abilities of others by touching them, the ability to absorb Devil Fruit abilities (has only demonstrated the power to take the ability of a dead DF user and has only shown the capacity to have two fruit abilities at any given time), absorbed the Gura Gura no Mi from Whitebeard, a Paramecia-type Devil Fruit which allows him to generate powerful shock waves by emitting vibrations (can use air-quakes through cracking the air and sending shock waves through the air, as a result, sea-quakes through sending quakes to the seabed and using his abilities he can also tilt whole landmasses without breaking a sweat)
Weaknesses: Cannot swim and becomes immobilized if more than half of his body is covered in water, overconfident in his abilities and inclined to underestimate opponents, Yami Yami no Mi does not give him access to an elemental state where he can disperse, reform and regenerate, his gravity powers have the perpetual consequence that things such as his opponent's attacks are attracted to him, which increases the power of the attacks and consequently the damage he takes from them
Destructive Capacity: Continent level+ (nearly broke Ace's neck with a single punch, also overcame Ace's Entei with his Darkness), possibly multi-continent level+ with the Gura Gura no Mi, (replicated Whitebeard's feat of tilting Marineford, implied to have fought Sengoku off-panel) | Multi-continent level+ (fought and gave Marco an ''overwhelming defeat'', matched Law's K-Room with a Quakefist)
Range: At least several kilometers, likely higher | At least several kilometers, likely much higher
Speed: Relativistic with light-speed reactions (kept up with Ace, also intercepted G2 Luffy mid-attack with Kurouzu), pre-cog further compliments his reactions | Relativistic with light-speed reactions (can keep up with Marco), pre-cog further compliments his reactions
Durability: Continent level+ (he was no worse for wear after taking several attacks from Ace in their duel, and at the Marineford Battle he took two attacks from a blood lusted Whitebeard as well as Sengoku's shockwave with no signs of notable injury afterward) | Multi-continent level+ (endured a Shock Wille from Law and came out in arguably better shape than Big Mom did)
Lifting Strength: Class T via powerscaling | Class T (stronger than Burgess who can benchpress ''mountains'')
Striking Strength: Class YJ+ (almost broke Ace's neck with a punch), possibly Class NJ with the Gura Gura no Mi | Class NJ
Stamina: Vastly superhuman+ (fought Ace for an extended period of time while sustaining several attacks yet displayed no signs of strain or fatigue, also endured Magellan's poison and recovered completely after receiving an antidote, was still going strong after fighting with Sengoku when the Marineford Battle concluded)
Standard Equipment: Some pistols
Intelligence: Adept fighter (was considered Whitebeard Commander caliber by virtue of his basic combat prowess, before he ate the Yami Yami no Mi) with decades of battle experience in the grim and feral New World, very cunning and ruthless, schemed against the Whitebeard pirates, leads his own pirate crew, quickly learned to access and use the Yami Yami no Mi efficiently after eating it, was able to utilize the Gura Gura no Mi to a significant extent moments after absorbing it
- Busōshoku Haki (Color of Armaments): A form of Haki that allows the user to create an "invisible armor" around themselves. With that, they can protect themselves from attacks, and if trained well, use it to deliver stronger attacks. Besides the increase of strength, it is the only form of attack that doesn't involve Kairouseki that can hit any Devil Fruit user, being able to hit the user's original body even if it's a Logia user. It can also be used in weapons.
- Busoshoku: Koka (Color of Armaments: Hardening): Blackbeard uses Busōshoku Haki to drastically harden parts of his body (typically his fists, but can also be used defensively). Basically, whereas basic Busoshoku Haki surrounds the user's body with a hard armor, Koka hardens the body itself, giving a larger increase in attack power and toughness.
- Kenbunshoku Haki (Color of Observation or Mantra): A form of Haki that allows the user to sense the presence of his opponents. A user of this type of Haki can predict an opponent's moves before he gets hit. This works by showing the user an image or brief "premonition" of what the opponent will do, manifested as a mental image in the user's mind's eye, and the damage the user will take if the attack "hit" for real. It appears that the more killer intent the enemy has the easier they are to predict, though more efficient users can predict future moves regardless of whether there are ambient murderous intents or not. Including the distance, location, and where the opponent may strike next.
- Yami Yami no Mi (Darkness Darkness Fruit): A Logia-type Devil Fruit, this fruit allows the user to control gravity (can use this ability to irresistibly pull the opponent to them, regardless of what state they're in), nullify Devil Fruit abilities by simply touching an opponent and absorb physical matter, energy as well as attacks of any type by sucking it into darkness. It can also absorb the abilities of at least one other Devil Fruit for personal use. It is not known whether more can be obtained in this manner.
- Black Hole: Blackbeard creates a curtain of darkness that can spread over a large area and suck everything into another dimension, crushing it.
- Liberation: After using Black Hole, Blackbeard expels all of the matter he sucked in, usually reduced to debris.
- Kurouzu: Also known as Dark Vortex, Blackbeard creates a gravitational pull to suck an enemy towards him (usually so he can use his Devil Fruit canceling abilities on them).
- Devil Fruit Absorption: Blackbeard has demonstrated the power to take the ability of a dead Devil Fruit user. However, he has so far only shown the capacity to have two fruit abilities at any given time. Requirements for this seem to be a dead Devil Fruit user.
- Gura Gura no Mi (Tremor-Tremor Fruit): A Paramecia-type Devil Fruit that turns the user into a Quake Human, allowing the user to create vibrations (or "quakes"). This fruit's major strength is that it allows the user to generate massive vibrations, or shock waves, which can travel through virtually any medium, including the ground, the seafloor, or even in the air. The different techniques Blackbeard has so far demonstrated with it are listed below (note: since Blackbeard hasn't named any of his moves with the Gura Gura no Mi, the names used are simply placeholders, to distinguish the techniques from each other).
- Kaishin (Seaquake): Blackbeard "cracks" the air with a punch and sends devastating shock waves through the air in the direction it is facing. These shock waves can pass through and damage almost any substance, tearing it apart. If the shockwaves are directed into the ground, the result is a devastating earthquake capable of generating huge tsunamis.
- Shima Yurashi (Island Shaking): Blackbeard "grabs" an entire area, by grabbing and pulling on the air around him as if it were tangible, and rapidly shifts it.
- Gurash (Quake Break): Blackbeard slams the air with his fist, cracking it and creating shock waves.
Notable OBD Victories:
- Acnologia (Fairy Tail) - Acnologia Profile
- Demon King (Nanatsu no Taizai) - Demon King Profile
- Kenpachi, Kurotsuchi, and Byakuya (Bleach) - Kenpachi Profile, Kurotsuchi Profile, Byakuya Profile
- Kisuke Urahara (Bleach) - Urahara Profile
- Itachi Uchiha (Naruto) - Itachi Profile
- Tommyrod (Toriko) - Tommyrod Profile
- Tsuna (Katekyo Hitman Reborn) - Tsuna Profile
Notable OBD Losses:
- Yuki Nagato (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) - Yuki Profile
Other: It should be noted that Blackbeard's black holes are not actually black holes in the astronomical sense
Key: Pre-Timeskip | Post-Timeskip