|Always bet on Kaido|
Name: Kaido (sometimes romanized as Kaidou), epithets ''Strongest Creature in the World'' and ''King of the Beasts''
Origin: One Piece
Classification: Human, Former member of the Rocks Pirates, Captain of the Beasts Pirates, Yonkou, Ancient Zoan Devil Fruit user
Age: 57 pre-timeskip, 59 post-timeskip
Powers and Abilities: Super strength, speed, durability, agility, endurance, skilled hand-to-hand fighter (can enter a drunken-like state that makes him more unpredictable as well as stronger), expert Haki user (Busoshoku, Haoshoku, and Kenbunshoku), battle - precognition (via Kenbunshoku Haki), can surround his body with an invisible armor to augment his defensive and offensive capabilities (he can also imbue physical objects, such as his Hassaikai with Busōshoku Haki), can harm and affect characters with elemental mimicry, can dominate the will of others (Haoshoku Haki allows him to knock those with inadequate wills unconscious), ate the Uo Uo no Mi, Model: Seiryu, a Mythical Zoan-type Devil Fruit that allows the user to transform into a hybrid and full version of an Azure Dragon at will, flight via full Zoan transformation, fire manipulation (can shoot heat breath, coat his body in flames ect, lightning manipulation (capable of summoning storm clouds), wind manipulation
Weaknesses: Cannot swim and becomes immobilized if more than half of his body is covered in water
Destructive Capacity: Multi-continent level+ (is one of the strongest characters in the series, capable of fighting Post-Udon Luffy in both his Gear Fourth and Fifth forms, was cited by the Gorosei as being one of the only people capable of stopping Blackbeard)
Range: Several meters with his mace (he is very big), at least several kilometers with Zoan transformation techniques
Speed: Relativistic with light-speed reactions (superior to Rayleigh, took an on assault from Luffy, Zoro, Kidd, and Law as well as keep up with Gear Fifth Luffy), pre-cog further compliments his reactions
Durability: Multi-continent level+ (comparable or even superior to Akainu who survived quakes from Whitebeard, took a pummeling from Luffy [Gear Fourth and Gear Fifth respectively], easily shook off a combo attack from Zoro and Killer, and was barely phased by Law's Gamma Knife)
Lifting Strength: At least Class T (at least as strong as Akainu)
Striking Strength: Class NJ (matched Big Mom)
Stamina: Vastly superhuman+ (his peers can fight for 10 days straight, was able to gauntlet through several Supernova taking numerous high-powered attacks and internal damage dealing ones)
Standard Equipment: His Hassaikai (Kanabo)
Intelligence: Kaido is an accomplished Yonkou and the forerunner of his Chimera army plan
- Haki: There are normally two types of Haki regular people can tap into: the Kenbunshoku Haki which allows individuals to sense the presence of others, and Busōshoku Haki which allows individuals to create an invisible armor around them. There is, however, a third type of Haki, Haōshoku Haki, that only a few individuals can use. Kaidou is one of these people.
- Haōshoku Haki (Color of the Conquering King): The ability to knock out someone else or a large group. While inexperienced users are restricted to intimidating one being or blindly knocking out any with weak wills around them, those with more expertise can pick out weak-willed individuals in a large group to knock out.
- Busōshoku Haki (Color of Armaments): A form of Haki that allows the user to create an "invisible armor" around themselves. With that, they can protect themselves from attacks, and if trained well, use it to deliver stronger attacks. Besides the increase of strength, it is the only form of attack that doesn't involve Kairouseki that can hit any Devil Fruit user, being able to hit the user's original body even if it's a Logia user. It can also be used in weapons.
- Busoshoku: Koka (Color of Armaments: Hardening): Kaidou uses Busōshoku Haki to drastically harden parts of his body (typically fists and Hassaikai, but can also be used defensively). Basically, whereas basic Busoshoku Haki surrounds the user's body with a hard armor, Koka hardens the body itself, giving a larger increase in attack power and toughness.
- Kenbunshoku Haki (Color of Observation or Mantra): A form of Haki that allows the user to sense the presence of his opponents. A user of this type of Haki can predict an opponent's moves before he gets hit. This works by showing the user an image or brief "premonition" of what the opponent will do, manifested as a mental image in the user's mind's eye, and the damage the user will take if the attack "hit" for real. It appears that the more killer intent the enemy has the easier they are to predict, though more efficient users can predict future moves regardless of whether there are ambient murderous intents or not. Including the distance, location, and where the opponent may strike next.
- Future Sight: A highly advanced level of Kenbunshoku Haki allows the user to see a short period into the future; instead of just sensing what will happen by intuition, the user of this advanced level of Kenbunshoku Haki can literally see a precise mental image of what will happen in the next few seconds. The vision also allows the user to hear any words that will be spoken. Contrary to basic Haki, there is no need to sense emotions or intention to use this technique. According to Rayleigh, this ability is very difficult for someone to obtain via training, it has to be learned by advancing their Haki in the heat of battle against strong opponents.
- Uo Uo no Mi, Model: Seiryu (Fish-Fish Fruit, Model Azure Dragon): A Mythical Zoan-type Devil Fruit that allows the user to transform into a hybrid and full version of an Azure Dragon at will significantly increasing their physical attributes as well as granting them abilities such as flight, fire manipulation, wind and weather manipulation.
- Boro Breath (Heat Breath): Kaidou's signature attack. He gathers fire inside his mouth before "breathing" it out into a huge, conical blast toward his target of choice. This technique can be performed in his Hybrid Zoan and Full Zoan forms.
- Kaifu (Demolishing Wind): An attack where Kaidou blows strongly, thereby creating powerful, crescent wind blades.
- Tatsumaki (Dragon Twister): Kaidou spins his serpentine body into a coil to summon several tornadoes around him. Because of their wind speed, these tornadoes can pull people away from the ground and within Kaidou's range in midair, where he may chomp down on them.
- Tatsumaki Kaifu (Demolishing Wind Twister): An attack that combines Tatsumaki and Kaifu. Kaidou spins the lower portion of his elongated dragon body at great speeds, simulating a tornado himself. He then blows crescent wind blades toward his own spinning body, making the blades fly unpredictably in various directions. Kaidou also roars lightning while performing this technique.
- Kaen Daiko (Fire Dragon Great Torch): Kaidou breathes a large amount of flames from his mouth, forming a giant fire dragon over his original dragon body. The heat of his fire dragon near-instantly melts everything that it comes into contact with, preventing opponents from touching Kaidou.
- Shoryu: Kaen Hakke (Rising Dragon: Fire Blaze Eight Trigrams): Kaidou lunges at his opponent in his Kaen Daiko state, and unleashes an explosive bite with his flaming jaws.
Notable OBD Victories:
- Meliodas (Nanatsu no Taizai) - Meliodas Profile
- Naruto Gauntlet (Naruto)
- Sensui (Yu Yu Hakusho) - Sensui Profile
Notable OBD Losses:
|Kaidou's hybrid Zoan transformation|
|Kaidou's full Ancient Zoan transformation|