|The Fleet Admiral cutting a promo on the Whitebeard pirates|
Name: Sakazuki, moniker "Akainu" (meaning "Red Dog")
Origin: One Piece
Classification: Human, Marine Fleet Admiral, Logia Devil Fruit User
Age: 53 pre timeskip, 55 after the timeskip
Powers and Abilities: Super strength, speed, durability, endurance, agility, stamina, dexterity, skilled hand-to-hand fighter, extremely acute hearing (able to hear activity underwater, before the Whitebeard War began), master Haki user (Busōshoku Haki and Kenbunshoku Haki), battle - precognition (via Kenbunshoku Haki), can surround his body with an invisible armor to augment his defensive and offensive capabilities (he can also imbue physical objects with Busōshoku Haki), can harm and affect characters with elemental minicry, ate the Magu Magu no Mi, a Logia type Devil Fruit that allows him to create, control, and become magma, in the elemental state his ability allows him to access his entire physical body genuinely becomes magma and endows him with the ability to freely disperse and reform as well as the capacity to regenerate (low-high, going by shown feats) his elemental body, his magma also possesses abnormal heat energy beyond that of real-life magma (as seen when the ambient heat of his elemental body swiftly evaporated a steel sword, and when he evaporated a one million ton+ iceberg in an instant with the heat energy of his attack), able to somehow retain his elemental state against attacks imbued with Busōshoku Haki (demonstrated where Marco and Vista sliced him in the neck with Busōshoku Haki infused attacks and he remained unharmed), small-scale weather/climate manipulation (changed the climate of Punk Hazard), limited flight (can fly for a limited amount of second by using the Magu Magu no Mi to propel himself)
Weaknesses: Cannot swim and becomes immobilized if more than half of his body is covered in water
Destructive Capacity: Multi-continent level+ (matched a quake fist from Whitebeard with a magma fist, managed to take out Whitebeard's flagship, the Moby Dick [which could withstand his own quakes], and created a series of volcanoes over a period of time as a side-effect of his duel with Aokiji, the Magu Magu no Mi is stated to have some of the highest destructive power via the vivre card databook)
Range: Extended human melee range, at least a kilometer with projectiles, possibly higher
Speed: Relativistic with light-speed reactions (matched Whitebeard in close-quarters for an extended period of time, also easily outspeed Ivankov and Jinbe, can significantly boost his speed by launching himself like an actual volcano blast towards his target), pre-cog further compliments his reactions
Durability: Multi-continent level+ (withstood two consecutive attacks from a blood lusted Whitebeard, and recovered within moments, fully able to continue fighting until the battle was concluded), logia Intangibility and regeneration also makes him hard to kill unless circumvented
Lifting Strength: Class T (matched a two-handed Murakumogiri swing from Whitebeard with his leg)
Striking Strength: Class NJ (matched Whitebeard and put two holes into his body)
Stamina: Vastly superhuman+ (continued to fight during the Marineford Battle after sustaining two powerful attacks from a blood lusted Whitebeard without being notably impeded by wounds, also continuously battled Aokiji for ten days before their duel was settled)
Standard Equipment: Nothing notable
Intelligence: An extremely accomplished fighter considering he's a Marine Admiral with 20+ years of experience battling in the marines, a very skilled manipulator, using his understandings to twist his opponents in the direction he wants, his manipulation skills were shown when he took Ace's loyalty to Whitebeard to his advantage, insulting Whitebeard in order to prevent Ace from escaping, and ultimately killing the young pirate by aiming for his younger brother, and when he was able to get Squardo to turn against Whitebeard
- Haki: There are normally two types of Haki regular people can tap into: the Kenbunshoku Haki which allows individuals to sense the presence of others, and Busōshoku Haki which allows individuals to create an invisible armor around them. There is however a third type of Haki, Haōshoku Haki, that only a few individuals can use. It is currently unknown if Akainu is one of these people.
- Busōshoku Haki (Color of Armaments): A form of Haki that allows the user to create an "invisible armor" around themselves. With that, they can protect themselves from attacks, and if trained well, use it to deliver stronger attacks. Besides the increase of strength, it is the only form of attack that doesn't involve Kairouseki that can hit any Devil Fruit user, being able to hit the user's original body even if it's a Logia user. It can also be used in weapons.
- Kenbunshoku Haki (Color of Observation or Mantra): A form of Haki that allows the user to sense the presence of his opponents. A user of this type of Haki can predict an opponent's moves before he gets hit. This works by showing the user an image or brief "premonition" of what the opponent will do, manifested as a mental image in the user's mind's eye, and the damage the user will take if the attack "hit" for real. It appears that the more killer intent the enemy has the easier they are to predict, though more efficient users can predict future moves regardless of whether there are ambient murderous intents or not. Including the distance, location, and where the opponent may strike next.
- Magu Magu no Mi (Magma Magma Fruit): A Logia-type Devil Fruit, this fruit allows the user to transform into magma at will as well as control it. The main strength of this Devil Fruit is that it allows Akainu to produce magma to attack his opponents and also allows him to avoid conventional attacks as they only disperse him in his elemental state. The intense heat can vaporize an iceberg instantly and boil the seawater that the magma lands in.
- Dai Funka (Great Eruption): Akainu transforms his right fist into one made out of pure magma before throwing it forward, like some oversized rocket, similar in size to that of Luffy's Gear Third fist. The explosion causes a volcanic rock to hit the ground, in a method similar to meteors.
- Ryūsei Kazan (Meteor Volcano): Akainu creates a great number of magma fists that he fires into the air in order to let them rain down upon the battlefield, causing enormous amounts of damage. This looks like a cross between a meteor shower and a volcanic eruption.
- Meigō (Dark Dog): Akainu lashes out with a claw thrust similar to his Dai Funka technique.
- "Hound of Hell": The technique is still unnamed in the manga (though the anime named it "Inugami Guren", it's unknown if the name is official by Oda), but it could be seen when Akainu fought Whitebeard and is arguably the source of his moniker (Akainu means "Red Hound"). Akainu spawns a wave of magma shaped like a hound and launches it against his opponent.
Notable OBD Victories:
- Alex Mercer (Prototype) - Alex Mercer Profile
- Bleach Team (Bleach) - Hachigen, Orihime, and Tessai Profiles
- D.Gray-Man Team (D.Gray-Man) - Allen Walker, Lavi, Lenalee Lee, and Yu Kanda Profiles
- Daemon Spade (Katekyo Hitman Reborn) - Daemon Spade Profile
- Dangai Ichigo (Bleach) - Ichigo Profile (Akainu's Logia Intangibility and regeneration were restricted)
- Escanor (Nanatsu no Taizai) - Escanor Profile
- Fairy Tailverse - (Fairy Tail) (possibly outdated)
- Tao Pai Pai (Dragon Ball) - Tao Pai Pai Profile
- Ushio and Toraverse (Ushio and Tora)
- Yomi (Yu Yu Hakusho) - Yomi Profile
Notable OBD Losses:
- Gash Bell (Konjiki No Gash Bell!) - Gash Bell Profile (outdated, now favors Akainu)
- Groudon (Pokemon) - Groudon Profile
- Iceman (Marvel Comics) - Iceman Profile
- Supreme Kai (Dragon Ball) - Supreme Kai Profile
- Meruem 1 & 2 (Hunter x Hunter) - Meruem Profile (outdated, Akainu wins with ease)
- Monster Aizen (Bleach) - Aizen Profile (outdated, Akainu wins now)
Other: Oda stated that if Akinau was the main character he'd be able to end the One Piece story in one year.